About the Course
Hyperhidrosis is defined as sweating excessively when your body does not need to cool down.
This course will enable you to treat those patients who suffer with hyperhidrosis.
There are two types of hyperhidrosis:
- Primary focal hyperhidrosis
- Secondary generalised hyperhidrosis
Both genders are affected by hyperhidrosis and the condition can cause embarrassment and awkwardness in social situations.
We look at the most common areas for patients to experience excessive sweating:
- The palms of the hands (Palmar Hyperhidrosis)
- Soles of the feet (Plantar Hyperhidrosis)
- The armpits (Axillary Hyperhidrosis)
- History of Treatment
- Benefits of Treatment
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Health & Safety
- Contraindications & Contra-actions
- Consultation & Patch Testing
- Laws and Legislation
- Understanding the pharmacology of Botulinum Toxin (Botox)
- Overview of Hyperhidrosis including signs, symptoms, selecting a suitable patient and treatment areas
- Treatment Procedure
- Product knowledge
- Aftercare Advice
To enroll onto this course you must have completed our Anti-Wrinkle (Botox) course with us (or elsewhere)
If you do not currently hold any of the above, do not worry! Enroll onto our Fast-Track to Aesthetics course for complete beginners!
This course consists of 50% theory and 50% practical. We ask students to arrive 15 minutes before the course start time to ensure a prompt start. You will spend the majority of the course acquiring and practising your practical skills. This course will involve tutor demonstration as well as hands-on practical working with other students.
Educators Teaching This Course:
Emma is the owner/founder of Emz Aesthetics Academy. Working as a practitioner by day, and a nurse by night, Emma's passion stretches far She has over 14 years of teaching experience and specialises in botox, dermal fillers, and PDO threads. But loves everything aesthetics.