About the Course
The AET course is 3-days long and introduces you to the basic principles of teaching. The course aims to increase confidence and encourage teachers to be more engaging.
You are expected to have strong numeracy and literacy skills, as well as access to a computer in order to submit assessed coursework.
The AET Course consists of 3 units:
- Unit A: Understanding roles and responsibilities and in education and training, including inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Unit B: Facilitate learning and development for individuals and groups.
- Unit C: Understanding assessment in education and training, including principles and practices of assessment.
You will learn the following skills:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to motivate learners
- Keeping a safe learning environment
- How to deal with problems
To obtain your Level 2 Award In Education & Training, you will need to successfully complete the assessments.
The AET Training Course is assessed by a practical exam and 3 pieces of coursework:
- Practical assessment: you will be required to conduct a 15 minute classroom session on a subject of your choice on the 3rd and last day of the AET Training Course. This is called "Micro Teach" and will be recorded for assessment purposes. Planning and preparation will be covered as part of the course. Upon completion, you will receive useful feedback from your trainer, and maybe even teach your first student.
- Written assessments: there are 3 written assessments - one for each unit (see above). You will be required to submit around 1000 words on each unit. Further guidance will be provided during your course by your trainer.
There are no set required entry requirements for this course.
Educators Teaching This Course:
Emma is the owner/founder of Emz Aesthetics Academy. Working as a practitioner by day, and a nurse by night, Emma's passion stretches far She has over 14 years of teaching experience and specialises in botox, dermal fillers, and PDO threads. But loves everything aesthetics.